Monday, September 3, 2012

Of Mousetraps and Obama


I went to school for a long time to get where I am today. (Four years of college, and another four years of graduate and post graduate work.) And where am I today? I am the owner of a small law practice. Like most small business owners, there were many years I did without, hundreds of late nights I sweated out the payroll and the rent. And like most small business owners, I was, shall we say, disappointed to hear from my President that my hard work, my training, my risk taking, my worrying did nothing to build my business compared to the magnificent government roads and bridges and schools I used to get to the point where I could worry and do without.

When I was young, there was a saying. It was old then, and its fallen out of use now. The saying was "Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door."

Today, we call those beaten paths "roads". And they would not exist without the better mousetrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment